What is Constant Contact and How Does it Work for MarketingDecember 20, 2022 | by
All You Need to Know About Constant Contact
Choosing a powerful, feature-rich email marketing platform to keep your audience engaged by sending targeted messages at the right time in the customer lifecycle is pivotal.
Apart from helping you build loyalty, trust, and brand awareness, it enables you to enhance your relationship with both existing and prospective customers by sending them new deals, the latest news, etc., at the right time.
Constant Contact is one such tool that can help you strengthen your email marketing efforts by formulating effective emails through professional email templates and other exciting features.
In this post, we explore Constant Contact, its features, pros, cons, and how it works for email marketing.
What is Constant Contact?
Constant Contact is a robust, full-featured email marketing solution with a range of capabilities, such as drag-and-drop editing, social media integration, and real-time reporting.
A bulk email tool primarily designed for SMB customers, Constant Contact emails also come with powerful marketing automation features.
The platform is designed to offer small businesses various tools to both simplify and amplify their digital marketing efforts. Another strong suit of Constant Contact includes its simple navigation, auto-responders, and email previewing option.
Whether it’s growing a customer base, driving targeted sales, or engaging the audience, Constant Contact aims to help users generate desired results.
Who is Constant Contact for?
While Constant Contact comes with several advanced features, such as reporting and contact management functionalities, they are quite simple to understand and use.
This means even small businesses with minimal to no email marketing experience can quickly get started with this email marketing software and make the most of all its features. However, the high pricing point and the lack of a free plan make it more suitable for brands or businesses with larger budgets.
Constant Contact pricing starts at $20 per month and is based on your number of contacts. The platform offers three paid subscription plans, a 50% first-month discount, and a 60-day free trial.
How Does Constant Contact Work for Marketing?
Constant Contact has some of the best email marketing tools and feature sets that allow small and medium businesses to reach their audience, promote their brand, inform users of the latest updates, encourage sales with discounts, and generate real-time, easy-to-track results of their email campaigns.
Below are some of the key features of Constant Contact which play a key role in building effective email campaigns for marketers:
Data Integration and Storage
The platform can be used to collect and store data about your users. This data can prove instrumental for segmentation, personalizing content, and implementing trigger emails.
Constant Contact is one of the only platforms that let you create segments based on whether a user has received, opened, or clicked on your email.
Another useful segmentation feature of the platform is the ability to connect with Shopify and use data directly from your online shop to create segments.
This, in turn, lets you target customers across all stages of the customer lifecycle with relevant campaigns.
The dashboard can be used to track various KPIs such as contact growth, total contacts, and social audience growth.
Apart from this, the dashboard includes a shortcut to create new campaigns and shows the most recent and active campaigns as well.
Constant Contact includes a powerful drag-and-drop email editor that allows you to add various design elements to your emails, such as images, text, and buttons.
It also allows you to edit the layout of your email designs, work on spacing and change columns and headers.
Robust reporting is yet another useful feature of Constant Contact. The platform allows you to see the performance of different emails (email sends, clicks, bounces, and opens) on one graph.
You can compare the successes of each metric parallelly over time. Further, with each campaign, you can look at the smaller details that might be affecting overall campaign performance.
Easy Contact Management
Similar to other email marketing services, Constant Contact features an excellent list management interface that allows you to segment users into categories based on certain criteria.
Besides, you can assign tags to contacts easily. For instance, you can tag your contacts that have been signed up to your list for the longest time and then send those contacts discounts or special coupons.
Pros and Cons of Constant Contact
Below are some of the advantages and disadvantages of Constant Contact:
Among some of the benefits of Constant Contact are:
- Easy to use, making it an excellent email marketing option for both experienced and beginners in the marketing space.
- Offers various useful features that allow marketers to create impressive emails, segment contacts to improve engagement, and optimize contact management.
- Excellent for setting up events with an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop editor.
- Offers a vast selection of email templates with great integrations of apps.
Among the cons of constant contact are:
- Higher price packages.
- Only offers basic automation capabilities.
- There is no tagging system to segment users based on contact behavior.
When it comes to email marketing needs, Constant Contact is a well-known name. Apart from being easy to use and serving basic marketing automation needs, the platform allows you to set up professional-looking emails and offers various other features.
Constant Contact is one of the top email marketing tools available in the market due to its range of exciting templates and robust audience segmentation capabilities. Having said that, it’s only one of the many options available out there.
MassMailer is an excellent Constant Contact competitor due to its affordability quotient, ability to send unlimited marketing emails and email alerts to your audience, build interesting email templates, and more.
With a much more competitive pricing structure than Constant Contact, MassMailer is an excellent cloud-based email software to fulfill the email marketing needs of small, medium, and large-sized businesses.
To know more about MassMailer, start your free trial today.
The 10 Best Mailchimp Alternatives for 2022September 5, 2022 | by
The 10 Best Mailchimp Alternatives (Free and Paid) for 2022
Top 10 MailChimp Alternatives
MassMailer is one of the best free alternatives to MailChimp that works as a native email solution for Salesforce CRM.
The platform enables users to send unlimited marketing emails and email alerts, create drip campaigns, verify mailing lists, build email templates, and more.
As for MailChimp vs. MassMailer, with a far better pricing structure, MassMailer is fast-growing as a cloud-based marketing software with excellent features to support small, medium, and large businesses.
Some of the other highlights of MassMailer are:
- Range of exciting features, such as email address verification, content analysis and optimization, email success monitoring, and more
- Allows you to send emails to your campaign members, contacts, and leads from within Salesforce
- Let you build, send, and schedule professional-looking emails with a simple-to-use email Wizard within Salesforce
- Other features include unlimited emails, drip email campaigns, email templates, removal of spam traps, etc.
iContact is one of the easiest email marketing platforms for small businesses. As one of the top MailChimp alternatives, the platform allows you to build and send email newsletters, create automation campaigns, and much more.
Some of the other highlights of iContact are:
- Allows you to send bulk email campaigns by easily importing your contacts and sending them to your list without any hassles
- Simplifies your marketing initiatives with intuitive email automation based on various conditions and custom engagement rules
- Has an email autoresponder to send emails as and when a contact joins your marketing lists and welcomes them with customized greetings
Marketo is one of the free alternatives to MailChimp that caters to various email marketing needs. The platform is free for all marketers with under 10,000 contacts. The Marketo platform includes a data management solution (Marketo Data Cloud) and a hosted lead form builder (Marketo Forms).
Among the other highlights of Marketo are:
- Large user base and a larger customer base to market to
- Offers personalized conversations with each of the customers instead of using generic messaging for everyone
- Monthly plan options for businesses with different needs
4. Salesforce Pardot
Salesforce Pardot is a marketing automation, lead generation, and email marketing service from Salesforce. The platform allows marketers to identify prospective customers and convert them into actual ones.
A good MailChimp alternative, Pardot can be used to create automated marketing campaigns, send mass emails, analyze prospect activity, route leads to sales, and guide prospects throughout their buying journey.
Among the other highlights of Pardot are:
- Features various marketing tools such as lead capture forms, form handlers, and landing pages
- Allows you to segment your prospects with lead grading and lead scoring
- Easily syncs with Salesforce CRM to help strengthen the sales funnel and maximize future marketing efforts
5. Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a good email marketing platform that allows marketers to execute their digital marketing strategy seamlessly. It is recognized as one of the most powerful one-to-one digital marketing platforms and is used by many well-known brands.
Some of the highlights of the platform are:
- Allows companies to personalize customer experiences across every channel
- Features a range of interesting tools, including an email studio, journey builder, data studio, mobile studio, interaction studio, and more
- Allows you to handle everything from basic email marketing to more complex cross-channel campaign management
6. Constant Contact
When it comes to MailChimp vs. Constant Contact, the latter is a good MailChimp alternative that helps small businesses create websites, branded email marketing campaigns, online stores, and more.
Its email marketing tools include email templates, email campaigns, resends to non-openers, and A/B split testing for subject lines. The platform is ideal for small businesses and nonprofits looking for a simple multi-channel solution.
Other key highlights of Constant Contact are:
- Intuitive and easy to use platform, especially for organizing lists
- Offers accessible customer support at low-priced plans
- Automated email series/nurturing workflows and abandoned cart email reminds for Shopify
- The platform has no free plan, but paid plans offer unlimited emails.
7. Campaign Monitor
Another cheaper Mailchimp alternative, especially for lower volume senders, is Campaign Monitor. The platform offers an exciting range of email newsletter templates for almost every requirement, including announcements and re-engagement messages to holiday campaigns.
Campaign Monitor is a good Mailchimp alternative because of its ease of use and cost-effectiveness for sending high email volumes. It also has an excellent visual journey builder for beginners looking for more advanced automation.
Among other highlights of Campaign Monitor are:
- Email campaigns, a drag-and-drop email builder, and a free image gallery
- Various customizable templates, A/B testing, popups, and forms
- Real-time reporting analytics, various plug-ins/integrations, landing pages, social media marketing alignment, etc.
HubSpot is one of the best Mailchimp alternatives that offers clear insights into how your overall marketing efforts and initiatives affect customers’ experience at various points in the buyer’s journey. If you are looking for advanced marketing features and functionality, it is one of the best options to look at.
Some of the other highlights of HubSpot are:
- Features a marketing hub, a robust email marketing feature, and email marketing automation
- Embedded A/B testing and customizable newsletter templates
- Provides an analytics dashboard and a preview of emails on devices
- Option of multilingual email marketing
MailerLite is yet another excellent alternative to Mailchimp. The platform boasts a modern and sleek aesthetic along with good multilingual options and a decent “free forever” plan.
MailerLite also gives you the advantage of great email and landing page designs, though templates are not available on a free plan.
Some of the other highlights of MailerLite are:
- Offers a free plan (limited to 1,000 subscribers) with a range of excellent features, including a landing page editor that is better than Mailchimp’s.
- MailerLite’s paid plans are also relatively cheaper, making them a great option for small businesses on a tight budget
- Offers 5 different languages along with an app for iOS
Moosend is one of the cheaper alternatives to Mailchimp. The platform comes with a generous Free Forever plan that includes access to all their pro features.
Apart from this, the platform also includes an excellent selection of responsive email templates and advanced segmentation. Like Mailchimp, you can pay as you go; however, it will cost you significantly less.
Some of the other highlights of Moosend are:
- While Moosend’s free plan limits you to 1,000 subscribers, it allows you to send unlimited emails and access its visually appealing marketing automation workflow editor.
- The platform features advanced segmentation in the free plan and landing pages in the paid plans.
- All emails on the platform are ad-free and paid plans are pretty affordable at $55/month for 10,000 subscribers
If you are looking for the best email marketing solution, one of the key reasons to reconsider Mailchimp is that its support requires some serious improvement. Besides that, there’s the pricing structure which is rather exorbitant for solo entrepreneurs, content creators, or small to midsize businesses.
If you’re also a Salesforce customer looking for an alternative to MailChimp, MassMailer is an excellent solution. The platform allows you to do everything from sending emails on Salesforce, acquiring leads, verifying emails, and much more. Regardless of your industry or role, MassMailer is the one-stop solution for all your email and prospecting needs.
To explore MassMailer’s email marketing solution, start your free trial today.